Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Francesca Lia Block coming to CPL!!!

Saturday, June 11
2:00
Main Library Lecture Hall

This is super-astonishing and exciting!  I am so thrilled that we are hosting this acclaimed author whose books were so important to me as a teen reader.  And still are.  (Remember my Halloween costume?  Weetzie Bat, my chickadees.)

If you are not already familiar with Block's work, run do not walk to your nearest library and check out her books.  She's written short fiction, poetry, memoir, novels for teen and adult audiences, and even a mythological dating guide.






Seriously, this is EPIC --  do you understand how big a deal this is yet?  I know, you're saying to yourself: Maya gets all worked up about every author visit.  That's her job.  Trust me: this visit is a rare opportunity to meet an author who helped shape young adult fiction (and this young adult librarian) into what they are today -- don't miss it!

1 comments: