Tuesday, May 17, 2011

DIYA recap!

Part of the reason my brain is so foggy is that I am still recovering from the most excellent evening last Thursday when we hosted our six Diversity in Young Adult Fiction authors.  The discussion ranged from talking about cover art to racist vampires to disabilities in the fantasy world to BFFs in the YA writing community.

Photo credit: Diversity in YA Fiction
I had an excellent time, especially because everyone else did too!  The book signing was jubilant, with the authors and their fans talking excitedly for an hour.

Were you able to go?  What did you think?  Were there questions you felt were especially important?  I hope these conversations continue; while diverse representation in fiction for children and teens has certainly improved, there are still characters and situations I wish I was reading about more often.

0 comments:

Post a Comment