Tuesday, November 30, 2010

HP & the Deathly Hallows...ehn?

Yay! this is where I sow the seeds of controversy, because this movie totally didn't live up to my heightened expectations based on the previews.

I dunno man, is this another one of those Generation X meets Generation Y things? Because I have been consistently disappointed with the HP movie franchise.

And why? the casting: so adorable! The special effects? so wizardly! I've even have that dang theme song stuck in my head all week.

But after it's all said and done, they do not touch the marrow of my soul. Marrow = untouched.

Okay, I amend that statement -- I did get weepy in one of the very first scenes when [SPOILER] Hermione obliviates her parents.

And I do love Snape. Maybe that's what's wrong with this movie: NOT ENOUGH SNAPE.

Yep, I root for the angry, bitter old guy. Definitely a Generation X thing.

What did you think of the movie? Are you even going, or are you a HP book purist?

0 comments:

Post a Comment