Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Small Screen, Too

As you may know (from reading this blog, or living in the world) there are a TON of teen books being made into movies this year. Holy smokes.

I was just checking out the new fall TV lineup, though, and there was a surprising number of book adaptations there as well. Maybe not all YA books, but I think a lot of them might be OF INTEREST, if you know what I'm saying.

Let's take a look!

The 100 by Kass Morgan
CW Fall 2013
This book is being released at the same time (or around the time) that the show starts, and we have ARCs of it, so hurry and read it before the series begins! I think both the book and show look pretty good, although I'll admit I laughed out loud that the rallying cry for this new society is "WHATEVER THE HELL WE WANT! WHATEVER THE HELL WE WANT!" Hahaha.Take a look!

 
NBC Fall 2013
Have you read this book? Or seen the movie with Hugh Grant? They are both smart and funny and emotional and they both made me cry. The book also has the most accurate description of how and why people who talk to themselves talk to themselves. (I talk to myself so this is of special interest to me). Adult man-children are always frustrating to watch or read about, especially when they get huge pats on the back for acting like adults, which they should have been doing all along. BUT Nick Hornby is great, and he makes it go down easy. The show might be intersting?
 
NBC Fall 2013
Who are we kidding, I'm totally watching this.
 
 
Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.
You already know about this. Moving on.
 
 
Fox 2013
I REALLY love this story, and I love the Tim Burton movie based on it, but man, I don't know about this.
 
 
And that's not even all! There is a new Vampire Diaries spinoff called Originals, a Once Upon a Time spinoff called Once Upon a Time in Wonderland, and a SUPER SCARY looking AMC show based on this SUPER SCARY looking adult book that I haven't read, but now I want to!
 

 

That's a lot of TV. Phew.
 
p.s. Happy first day of school!


0 comments:

Post a Comment