- All Cambridge youth centers are FREE! All summer!
- Watch a free screening of Life of Pi outside at the Harvard Medical School Quadrangle on Thursday, July 11.
- Become a soap bubble magician.
- Write a letter (and mail it also). You will make someone very happy!
|Image: Dhiren Gala, 2012.|
- Check out the Boomtown Festival at the Multicultural Arts Center July 29 thru August 1.
- While you are there, visit the rooftop garden at Kendall Square.
- Cut your hair. Yes, you will initially feel trepidation, but once you get going it is quite exhilarating!
- Make popsicles. If you don't have popsicle molds, use ice cube trays, muffin tins, or paper cups!
- Learn to say "hello" in another language. You may also wish to learn how to say "help!"
- Go to the sandcastle competition at Revere Beach on July19-21.
- Wait for someone to water their yard, and then dive through their sprinkler.
- Learn some dance steps at The Mission (call 617-349-6273 to register), then salsa at Boston City Hall on Friday, July 12.
- Learn something new about birds, plants and animals at a free Fresh Pond event.
- Give your old Barbie a makeover.
- Museums all over Massachusetts are participating in Free Fun Fridays -- find one near you!
- Just play: at the Sunday Parkland Games near the Weeks Footbridge on Memorial Drive.
- Finally, make your own souvenir t-shirt to commemorate it all!
Got more ideas of how to beat boredom to a pulp? Share them with us in the comments!