Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Lost in SPACE.com

While Beth and I agree that being in space is pretty gross (floating around the capsule for weeks on end with everyone's unwashed, shed skin cells -- and don't even get me started on the space toilet) it is also incredible fascinating!  I can understand why prospective astronauts will go through just about anything to be picked for a space mission, even if I would have a hard time doing it.

The good news is, we can all geek out and enjoy regular showers thanks to SPACE.com and the amazeballs videos they've posted on Youtube [VideoFromSpace].  What I love about the experiments they conduct is that they are proposed by regular folks down here on planet Earth!

Take a look:



If you like to learn more about what it takes to go to space, I suggest Mary Roach's Packing for Mars.  Any questions you've ever had about space, she's had 'em too, and boy, she doesn't leave ANYTHING out.  Pooping in space, sex in space, nausea in space -- and drinking your recycled fluids -- it's all there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment