Thursday, December 27, 2012

"It was as if all the pain in the world had found a voice." -H.G. Wells

At the end of January a YA book called The Madman's Daughter* by Megan Shepard will be released. It's got a beautiful cover, and it's based on H.G. Wells's 1896 novel The Island of Doctor Moreau

I had never read the original, or seen any of the three movies based on it, and I only had a vague idea what it was about. I picked up a copy, and holy crab apple, lemme tell you something about a scary book! H.G. Wells knew what he was doing! I had a real, honest-to-goodness nightmare about this, folks! 

Just in case you don't know the story, I am not going to say much. (It's much better if you go in blind.) Let me just say this: it had me rushing to a dictionary to make sure I actually knew what vivisection meant. Chilling.


*If you don't want spoilers for either book, just look at the pretty cover of Madman's Daughter, and don't read the synopsis. It gives a lot away!

0 comments:

Post a Comment