Saturday, February 11, 2012

Valentines Week: IT'S ON


I LOVE Valentines Day. I love the candy. I love the paper hearts. I love that crinkly cellophane that seems to be all over everything. I love flowers. I love the little mailboxes kids make in elementary school. I love that episode of The Simpsons where Ralph gives Lisa a valentine that says "I Choo Choo Choose You" (and there's a picture of a train). I also love how I can just go FULL FORCE in recommending my favorite teen romances. Swoon. Oh my gosh. Swoon.

Let's start with a new one. Have you read this? It's got action and mystery and two kids against the world, trying to take down a deliciously evil regime. But you won't even notice all that because this is the most fluttery, breathless, hand-to-your-heart love story I've read in ages. I'm not going to tell you more. Ask for it by name: Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi.

p.s. She does not wear an evening gown at any point in this book, FYI.

0 comments:

Post a Comment