Saturday, November 19, 2011

Breaking Up


So, there's book coming out at the end of the year, and it's about a breakup. A horrible, heart wrenching breakup. The kind that can only come at the end of an amazing, exciting, against-all-odds, oh-my-god-all-my-friends-hate-me-because-i-am-obnoxiously-in-love love. This book tells both stories, the beginning and the end. At the same time.

It's a pretty great book. It's by Daniel Handler (who you THINK you haven't heard of, but trust me, you have). It also has illustrations (illustrations!) by the amazing Maira Kalman. If you like love stories, sad stories, realistic stories, funny stories and beautiful art, this book is for you, trust me.

BUT WAIT THERE'S MORE! Mr Handler has started a website where people can share their own breakup stories -- both regular people AND your favorite authors. I kind of expected it to be funny and goofy, and some of the stories are, but it's also sad, true, beautiful and most of all (worst of all), familiar.

Check it out guys. Laugh/cry.

0 comments:

Post a Comment