Wednesday, January 20, 2010

put your favorite book on display

At long last I have taken down my Sherlockian display, and now it's up to you! Do you have a favorite book, movie, book on CD, etc. that you'd like to share? You can do it right here -- or stop on by the Teen Lounge and put something in the case.

I put a few of my favorites in there:

True Notebooks by Mark Salzman
This honest and wrenching book tells the story of Salzman's year spent teaching writing courses to juvenile offenders -- a lot of these guys were going away for life, or close enough, as soon as they turned 18. Salzman wrestled over whether he should even be giving these kids anything to live for, when they were facing a life behind bars.

The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan
Some might say "enough with the zombie fiction"-- I say, you'll have to pry it from my cold, dead hands. Brains!

Tales from Outer Suburbia by Shaun Tan
Shaun Tan takes dreams and puts them on the page -- his illustration work is astonishing and his storytelling is funny and wise.

Three Bags Full by Leonie Swann
Sheep detectives! I need a good pun here. I suppose I could say it's udderly entertaining, but that's cows. Help! Sheep puns!


-Maya

0 comments:

Post a Comment